Thursday, April 22, 2010

How to Unclog a Drain: Go Green

Did you know that there is a cheap green way to unclog a drain?  I find this hard to believe so I must share it with you.  Recently, I had a tough clog to unplug.  I was looking for a way to unclog it economically.  Liquid plumber is expensive and there is only on use for it.


After doing a search on how to unclog a drain,  I wacided to try a solution which suggests using baking soda and vinegar because it is cheap.  Also, baking soda and vinegar both have multiple uses.  I poured in one-half cup of baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar.  I worked like a charm.  Once, the vinegar was poured into the water  it started to foam and fizz.  Then the drain opened.


Here are some other uses for baking soda:
  • laundry detergent booster
  • natural whitener for teeth
  • deodorizer
  • oven cleaner (cuts grease without damaging the surface)


Baking soda is a miracle.  I now keep a large container of it under my sink at all times.  It cost me about $2 to unclog my drain.


Did you like this tip?  Do you want more tips like this one?  Then, subscribe now to Working Mom Time Management Tips
Here are more articles, you might like...
 

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

4 Reasons Why Your Child Should Take AP Classes

Math Tutoring for Less: Brainetics Makes Learning Math Easy and Fun

Promote a Healthy Lifestyle and Reduce Stress

2 Steps to a Healthy Lifestyle for Families

4 Ways to Prepare for Homework Help

Companies Help You Save Money with a Free Upromise Account

Online Grocery Shopping Helps Busy Moms

Time management tips for single moms

Online Grocery Shopping can lead to Healthy Eating

Self-Help Books for Mothers













Do you like this tip? Do you want to read more tips like it? Then, click here to subscribe to Working Mom Time Management Tips. Also, if you like my tips, read my self-help book for working moms which helps you get organized so that you can have more me-time and quality family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment