Monday, December 13, 2010

How to Save Money for College -- The EASY Way


Your Ad Here

Do you worry about how you are going to save money for your kids to go to college? I use to worry until a friend told me about setting up a free upromise account.


What is a upromise account? It is a free account where participating companies donate a pre-arranged percentage of your purchases to your account.

How does a upromise account work? You securely register the credit cards, debit cards and any rewards card of participating companies. Then, when you make purchases at those participating companies they donate a percentage of your purchase to your account.

Let me give you an example. I have a car so I buy gas regularly. Prior to joining upromise, I primarly bought gas from BP. But when I found out that Exxon is a upromise partner, I began buying gas from Exxon exclusively because I need gas anyway and I may as well buy it from a company which will give a percentage of the sale in my upromise account. Now as long as I buy at least 20 gallons of gas in a month, I get $.01 per gallon. Sure, this isn’t alot of money if this is your only strategy. However, this is one example of a company. Upromise has alot of well-known participating store partners to help you save money for college so if you add your grocery store purchases, online purchases at Target, Walmart, Best Buy and the Gap, etc. The college savings can really add up. Some people are saving as much as $300.00 or more yearly.

Click here to sign up for a FREE Upromise account.

If you want to learn more about Upromise, click here.



 

Do you like this tip? Do you want to read more tips like it? Then, click here to subscribe to Working Mom Time Management Tips.  If you like my tips, read my self-help book for working moms which helps you get organized so that you can have more me-time and quality family time.
 
 Here are some other articles, you might like...
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
4 Reasons Why Your Child Should Take AP Classes
Math Tutoring for Less: Brainetics Makes Learning Math Easy and Fun
Promote a Healthy Lifestyle and Reduce Stress
2 Steps to a Healthy Lifestyle for Families
4 Ways to Prepare for Homework Help
Companies Help You Save Money with a Free Upromise Account
Online Grocery Shopping Helps Busy Moms
Time management tips for single moms
Online Grocery Shopping can lead to Healthy Eating
Self-Help Books for Mothers