Monday, January 18, 2010

Teach Your Family How to Cope with Life Changes


How do you deal with changes in your life? Do you go with the flow or resist it, only to learn later that you will still have to adapt to it? Since changes are apart of life whether they are expected or unexpected, it is important to learn how to with life changes. I recently read a book called, "Who Moved My Cheese?. It is a parable about life and dealing with change. I highly recommend this book.

The book is quite effective whether you by the kids, teen or adult version. The 4 characters are 2 mice and 2 littlepeople who are small like mice, but look like people. The story chronicles their journey through a maze to find cheese.

This story is so easy to understand that when I need my son to make changes he is reluctant to make that I remind him of the story and the character I need to be like which is Haw who knows change is hard, but required. He usually straightens up and acts appropiately after one or two reminders.

If you are going through changes in life that you are having difficulty with check out "Who Moved My Cheese?" It should be required reading for the entire family.



What do I need to do next?
If you like this tip, click here to subscribe to my fan page 5 Life Skills Smart Moms Must Have: Proven Strategies to Keep You Sane!

Then click here to check of my self-help book for working moms, it is filled with tips to help moms get organized so that they can have more me-time and quality family time.


No comments:

Post a Comment